There may be no higher than calling that giving a child a home. Here are some deserving people who recently were recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
“These awards represent a degree of excellence that every child in foster care deserves—excellence that communicates the dignity and worth of every young person—excellence that empowers children with loving forever families,” said Assistant Secretary Lynn Johnson.
Following are the 2020 Adoption Excellence Awards recipients:
- Terri DeMarco, Winter Garden, Fla.
- Ramona Graham, Terrytown, La.
- Hill-Jordan Family, Newman, Ga.
- Alicia Groh, Minneapolis, Minn.
- La Tika Jeffery, Ft. Washington, Md.
- Melinda Lis, Southfield, Mich.
- Jane Morgan, St. Helena Island, S.C.
- Darcy Olsen, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Kervin Olmeda Torres, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Aria Williams, Cedar City, Utah
Child Welfare/Judicial Systemic Change
- Older Child Matching Initiative, Topton, Pa.