The Department of Homeland Security Centers of Excellence virtual summit May 17-21 offers a unique opportunity to connect and network with COE researchers, DHS components, federal, state, and local stakeholders, as well as industry partners to present current and emerging solutions to threats and challenges faced by DHS. –By Brian Hurlburt, Founder and Host, Magnifying Excellence Podcast.
The goals of the summit are to:
- Encourage robust dialogue and interaction among attendees to create connections, foster collaborations and inspire new ideas to address prioritized homeland security challenges.
- Showcase innovative COE and industry partner R&D tools and solutions to respond to the evolving threat landscape.
- Establish and strengthen implementation avenues between researchers, DHS components and technical experts to improve and accelerate the R&D implementation pipeline.
- Highlight student research and innovative problem solving of the next generation Homeland Security Enterprise workforce.
Here is a link to the FULL AGENDA
Registration includes free access to all general and panel sessions; the COE Capabilities Showcase, and Student Research Symposium. To access the agenda items, you must add them to your personal agenda.
Attendees of past COE Summits have included:
- Researchers and innovators in academia, industry, and government
- DHS operators and component leadership
- Chief scientists, program analysts, portfolio managers and other subject matter experts
- Employees across federal, state, and municipal agencies and departments
- First responders
- Potential COE industry collaborators